MAKE UP 101 - YANELIS.X
What’s up guys! This week I got the chance to have some fun with makeup and my best friend! We’ve been friends for a few years and I’ve always asked her to teach me her ways, today, we finally got to it! Along with a few questions, she gave me some tips on things she’s learned and some awesome links for affordable goodies. Coming from someone who can barely put mascara on, she definitely gave me some insight. Hope you guys enjoy it! The link to her Instagram page will be at the bottom, check it out!
WHEN DID YOU FIRST GET INTERESTED IN MAKE UP?
· “Around 10th grade, it was atrocious; didn’t even know contouring existed. My senior year I actually realized how fun it is, and the importance of eyebrows.”
WHO TAUGHT YOU?
· “YouTube mostly, I love Nicky Tutorials. She’s my queen “
WHAT ARE SOME AWESOME MAKE UP BRANDS?
· High end: “Anastasia Beverly Hills, Too Faced, and Smashbox, they’re all pretty good."
· Drug Store: “I love drugstore make up! Loreal, I love their infallible glow foundation, its perfect for that dewy look. Maybelline – Their mascara and foundations are really nice. Wet and Wild, their blushes and eyeliner are really good too."
· Brushes: "AOA Studio brushes, you can get them at Shop Miss A, they’re amazing!"
ANY MAKE UP TIPS BEFORE THE ACTUAL MAKE UP TIPS?
· “You can use the Nivea pro shave balm as primer, it works wonders; as for baking I usually like to bake under my eyes and my nose contour as well.”
WHATS THE ORDER WE’RE SUPPOSED TO PUT MAKE UP ON?
· “ You can do anything your heart desires when it comes to make up, literally anything. The basic order is usually 1. Primer 2. Face base 3. Concealer 4. Setting powder/baking 5. Contour/Baking 6. Blush 7. Highlighter 8. Brows”
- “I use Too Faced: Born This Way, I apply it under my eyes in triangle formation, middle of forehead, bridge of nose, cupids bow, and tip of chin. It highlights the highest point of your face by dimensions without highlighter powder. Another really good one is the NYX HD Concealer. “
o POWDER/ BAKING
- “I use loose powder for everything, to set my whole face and the same one to bake! Any translucent powder will work. You can leave it on for as long as you’d like. I usually do 3-5 minutes. I love baking because it sets cream product for a long time so it lasts longer. You can bake under contour and clean the contour with the loose powder as well.”
- "I prefer natural, but sometimes dramatic like me because I’m extra haha ! If you’re buying false lashes you’d need to fit them to your eye to make sure its not too big or too small. You’d have to snip them. Place the tip of the inner lash onto your eye and see about how much of the outer you’d have to snip."
o Eye lash glue- “I suggest to stay away from latex, it could irritate eyes pretty easily. House of Lashes and Kiss are both really good brands.”
- “ I LOVE NUDE SHADES, maybe it was because I had a phase in high school that I’d only wear dark colors. I’m so over that… I didn’t even know what contouring was, oh gosh. My everyday go to shades are Hug me by MAC and Magic Wand Ultra Satin by Colour Pop"
- " HIGHLIGHT EVERYWHERE!! I love looking like a disco ball... I really recommend the nastasia Beverly Hills - Glow kit or Elf - Peachy Cheeky."
ANY TIPS FOR PEOPLE JUST STARTING OUT BUYING MAKE UP?
- "Look for dupes, they do the exact same thing plus they save you money! Blending and contouring is all in practice, don’t get discouraged when your eyeliner or your eye shadow don’t look how you want them to, keep practicing and I promise you’ll get there.”
DUPES: (short for duplicate, usually of a high priced item)
For Laura Mercier Loose Powder - Coty Air spun Loose Powder, smells likes babies! You can get it in most drug stores, CVS doesn’t have it and Target does!
Eye shadow Palette:
Make sure you guys check out Yanelis' Instagram!